Tuesday, October 7, 2008

hospital visit and hair style

I'm readying to go visit my Dad in the hospital. He has an infection that is challenging his kidneys. He was sick, sick, sick. Scary sick. But is getting treatment and is feeling better and then what happens next will be determined.



I feel tired from a day of work with preschoolers/kindgergarteners and a check up for myself. A part of me wants to do my normal routine of staying home and being lazy while feeling guilty about not doing my to do list.



Instead, I have taken a hot bath to get the blood flowing and to feel refreshed. Mom said I should blow dry my hair "because it just looks so pretty" when I do that. I usually would be reactive and defensive--"so when I dont I'm not pretty??" (Idon't blow dry it often.) Mom said I should blow dry my hair after my bath because "You never know who you'll run into at the hospital."



I have taken a bath and dried my hair and may even put on some lip gloss--for myself and for Dad. Dad pays attention to details too. But my pants are wrinkled. Sorry Mom.

No comments: